To my Congressmen:
I have a dream.
- I dream about a nation where “We The People…” recognize the sovereignty of the nation formed by the Constitution of the United States.
- I dream about a nation where included in “…The People…” are those citizens fortunate enough to have been given the honor and trust by the electorate  to be selected to represent the citizens in the US Congress.
- I dream about how those individuals should truly be representatives of their electorate.
- I dream with pride about how my country has opened its arms to those that show respect and demonstrate the willingness to join our citizenry in a defined and lawful manner.
- I dream about those representatives having been elected the House of Representatives and Senate of the United States and dream about them actually exercising the trust provided them by the electorate to “…establish Justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity.”
- I dream about my representatives upholding their Constitutional responsibilities respecting and protecting the sovereign boundaries, culture, language, welfare, liberty and posterity.
Then I realize what You, my so called “Representatives” are actually doing to my country and my dream:
- You (my so called representative Senator) have helped impose uncountable legislative regulations upon the citizenry, many of those regulations construed to earn political or financial gain for our representatives or those close to our representatives.
- You have taken from the citizenry with ever increasing taxes and beyond that, borrowed with abandon, and spent those resources on ever increasing activities and regulations well beyond the scope of your Constitutional charge.
- You have begun to intrude not only into the citizenry’s freedoms and liberty – but are actively beginning to dictate how the citizenry must live their daily lives – what they should by, what they should read…
- You have created a totally uncontrollable myriad of unmanageable government rules, requirements and regulations many of which You will not even attempt to enforce – making the effectiveness of all seem ambiguous if not completely unimportant.
My dream continues to be a nightmare! Represent your citizens and get to work respecting the honor and trust we have given you.
Tom Howe email@example.com
 Thank you Martin Luther King Jr.
 US Constitution – Preamble – “…The People…” referring to the then resident citizens of the new nation.
 A person owing loyalty to and entitled by birth or naturalization to the protection of a state or nation. – ww.thefreedictionary.com
 A body of qualified voters. – ibid
 One that serves as an example or type for others of the same classification. – ibid
 US Constitution – Preamble – Just in case you didn’t know or have forgotten.